My Curvilicious Followers!!!!


LOVE SIGMA BRUSHES

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lipstick Obsession of the Day: Semi-Matte Hot Pink

Forget almost-hot pink. Sure, that was my lipstick obsession last month, but as of this morning I have moved on to full-fledged, all-the-way, whole-hog electric pink, thanks to Community's Gillian Jacobs. But not just any hot pink...

0727-gillian-jacobs-pink-lipstick_bd.jpg
The fact that it's semi-matte--that's the key here. Going glossy would have taken the actress's lips from bright, happy and fruit-punchy to Oh-my-god-are-those-things-coming-to-get-me. And totally matte would have looked too chalky with a color like this. So the semi-matte is key. Plus, I love that she wore it with a soft pink dress--picks up on the color and takes it up with a bam! and a pow!

My tip: Finding a great color in a semi-matte formula that works with your skin tone sounds like a full-time job, so I'd just concentrate on just finding a great shade (like the ones below). Then I'd matte it down slightly with a dusting of translucent face powder.

Have you been wearing a bright shade like this? Are you craving fruit punch now? Not so into this and are now questioning my judgment? Tell me in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment